Friday, September 14, 2012

New Self Portrait

I found another no name gem of student artwork in the scrap box today.  The student made a whole page of skin tones (most likely by accident), with the exception of one giant blue spot in the upper center of the page.  I saw this, and knew it was begging for a close up self portrait.  I think I'm going to start hanging some of these projects in the classroom to help motivate students to take second looks at their projects, and not give up on them so easily. 

 "Creeper"  9x12in  crayon and ball point pen on discarded student artwork

The eye seems a bit massive, but I had to work with the giant blue spot I was given and still include enough additional features to have it read as my face.  I'm pretty happy with the result.

Thanks for reading,

Raygun

No comments:

Post a Comment