Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lethargy and the Daily Draw

Ok.  I took the summer off.  Literally.  I pretty much accomplished zero things I had planned this summer, and I feel like quite a bum for it.  For some reason, when I'm out of work for the summer with nothing to do, I have very little motivation.  Therefore, I'm going to try to get into a routine in order to stay productive.

Introducing the daily draw.  I anticipate making (at least) one drawing a day.  I don't care what it is, I just need to draw.  My hold up has been a lack of ideas, so I'm just going to draw what I see.  Hopefully, the images will be random enough to ensure that the only theme will be, "things I see in my day to day life".  Who knows, it may help my ones of readers get to know me better. 

Anyhow, like any obligation, it may be short lived.  I'm going to try my hardest to keep up on it, and force myself to create.  I encourage anyone and everyone to do the same.  I'd be more than happy to post the results here.  I may even go back and re-envision some of the word challenges from earlier in the blog's history (go back to the first few posts if you have no clue what I'm talking about).

If you see anything here that you would like to have, drop me a line at artwithstrangers at gmail dot com, and we can work something out.  These are all going to be fairly small drawings, so I wouldn't expect much.   Suggestions would be: five bucks, multiple high fives, buy me a beer, barter with a piece of your own artwork, etc.  Anyhow, here are the first handful of drawings.

 Floating Tara with Geometric Dress 4 3/8"x7 3/4" Mixed Media on Paper


 Ramble Inn Still Life 4 1/2" x 6" Pen and Paper


Hellhound 4 1/2" x 6" Pen and Paper


As always, thanks for reading.


Raygun

No comments:

Post a Comment